Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sports of the Bay for the Bay : Preseason Moves 2

ipat

The Sports of the Bay for the Bay : Preseason Moves 2 Empty The Sports of the Bay for the Bay : Preseason Moves 2

Post by ipat September 7th 2011, 12:46 am

The Sports of the Bay for the Bay : Preseason Moves 2 San%20Francisco%2049ers%20Logo

** URGENT NEWS **

Trade talks between the 49ers and The Patriots have recently slowed down and rumor has it that the flame that started the trade has recently died. Insiders say, "GM Patrick has pulled the 9ers out of the trade." When asked by ESPN, "What is going on in regards to the potential deal between you and The Patriots?" GM Patrick had this to say, "Well, the 9ers thought they were going into a new direction with the 4-3 defense and having Mallet start as the quarterback, but things got a little shaky in the front office during the past 24 hours in regards to acquiring pieces for the defense and in the end we felt we had to pull out of the deal. A major reason being we just couldn't get the pieces required for a 4-3 defense. If I sat here tomorrow with the season underway I would have four 300 pounds defensive lineman. I just wasn't going to put myself into that position. I hope The Patriots understand where I was coming from and I hope this wont affect future business." GM Yoyo was seen furiously talking amongst other GMs in the league, but his business is still running so he'll have to look elsewhere to get his players.

On another note, the trade that was reported earlier between the NY Jets and the 49ers have recently changed. An upgraded trade was sent to league offices just 20 minutes ago. Both GM Orph and GM Patrick agreed to the changes in the deal and are awaiting approval by the trade committee.

** TRADE UPDATE **
    49ers receives: Derrick Mason (WR), Kendrick Ellis (DT) & Muhammad Wilkerson (LE)
    NY Jets receives: Braylon Edwards (WR) & Reggie Smith (FS)

When asked, "Why was Edwards expendable when the vision for this season was having both Crabtree and Edwards play side by side?" GM Patrick responded, "After The Patriots deal fell through we explored trade scenarios with Braylon and luckily for us the Jets were interested in acquiring him back. So we pulled the trigger to get young defensive pieces that we feel will help us in the long run and also acquiring a veteran receiver like Derrick Mason that will help groom Crabtree into a better receiver."

The Sports of the Bay for the Bay : Preseason Moves 2 Jets-braylon-edwards

"Looking fly Braylon, just please don't get another DUI."

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 1:20 pm