Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Betta_thanU
TheDarkKnight50
Zikry
phantomshark
8 posters

Rule change suggestion

phantomshark

Rule change suggestion Empty Rule change suggestion

Post by phantomshark September 30th 2011, 10:43 pm

I think, if we want to be realistic, we should be allowed to fake a punt or FG if it is a situation where going on 4th would be allowed. I don't see the reasoning behind preventing it.
    Zikry

Rule change suggestion Empty Re: Rule change suggestion

Post by Zikry September 30th 2011, 11:58 pm

"Realistic" and "sim" are two different things. Just my .02
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 October 1st 2011, 7:07 pm

If we allow this it opens up all kinds of trouble. In the nfl it is used conservatively in the xml it would be abused.
    Betta_thanU
    Betta_thanU

Post by Betta_thanU October 1st 2011, 9:06 pm

I rather discuss another rule and that’s related to Disconnections and they way it is currently handled. Being on the aim blast and listening to other owners I think this rule needs to be addressed at some point if not this season, then next season. I don’t think it is fair, that if you getting your ass kicked and you know, really deep inside of you, you know that is not your night, not chance of you coming back, why restart the game? Let your opponent win the game…one way to make this happens is drop the league, have your opp play cpu and then you join the league back….

I know you might have the argument, well is early in the game, anything can happen, etc, but if we make a rule, that if we past half time, and game is already out of hand, then the above should apply…

It has not happened to me, nor I am speaking from my own experience, but I think we should all think about this and brainstorm somehow, cuz I don’t think is fair, that if you are losing big time, then you disconnect and play again and beat your opponent...it really deflates you if you ask me… besides, we assuming we know each other’s well, but can you 100% assure that these disconnections are not happening on purpose? I am accountant and I will leave you with this saying we have in our field: In God we trust, the rest, we audit.

Laters…
    neo613
    neo613

Post by neo613 October 2nd 2011, 3:47 pm

I agree, there definitely should be a disconnect rule. Whether you are up 7 or up 47, I dont think its fair to the person winning that the game start from scratch if theres a disconnect. Yes disconnects happen and its unfortunate but it should not put the winning team at a disadvantage. To maintain the integrity of the league points should be spotted to maintain the point differential at the time of disconnect.
    Heres an example of a disconnect rule used in another league:

If your game has a D/C in the first
    half and your opponent has more than a 7 point lead then points have to
    be spotted to that point in the game when you replay it then after that
    point then the game goes live.

If your game gets D/C in the
    second half then you replay the game and play the first half as if it is
    the second half with the points spotted from that point on. At the end
    of the half loser quits the game and game is counted.

There are many variations to a disconnect rule that can be implemented but there should be something in place to prevent winning teams from being screwed over because their opponent "loses connection"
    SiientRiot

Post by SiientRiot October 2nd 2011, 4:28 pm

I dont like that rule at all neo.

I dnt like the fact of spotting points. Takes away from sim nd stats and everything.

The way i see it, if u DC and ur up by 21. End the game u win, anything below, its a restart unless ur in 4th.
    neo613
    neo613

Post by neo613 October 2nd 2011, 7:45 pm

and what if ur up 14-0 middle of the second? its too early to count the win, so do you say screw the points start over? how is that fair? I dont play for stats, i play to have fun and enjoy the game. And I dont think its fair a game can be lost because one guy has a "crappy connection", I havent had any disconnects this season but i remember seeing bik was up 28 points game disc and he lost the second game, whats sim about that? he played a great first half of football and had every right to those points. If he goes on to miss the playoffs by one game, wheres the justice in that?
    SiientRiot

Post by SiientRiot October 2nd 2011, 10:40 pm

But who wants to sit there nd spot someone points.. Not i, id rather start over. if im up 14-0, i can do it again. Simple. If i lose, oh well.

I jus think spotting points is jsut dumb.
    Bikaben
    Bikaben

Post by Bikaben October 3rd 2011, 6:02 pm

I agree with Betta Than U. I was beating Phantomshark 28-0, then he disconnected, and then I lost the next game. That was bull. I think we need to do what the Raiders guy suggested.
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 October 12th 2011, 10:53 pm

Traditionally what we've done, and we've gotten along fine...

Is, playing the game and if you get to the point of the 4th quarter and it d/c then it's up to the player left playing if they want to keep the stats and end the game. If so, that's justified. If they choose to restart the game then that's great too. And if it was the 3rd quarter, we'd restart the game. I don't agree with spotting points. It isn't right that it happens I realize, it sucks ass to be blunt lol. Though if we spot points it gets rigged to a point, and I'm not cool with that. So basically, between the you and your opponent come to an agreement.
    Shadez

Post by Shadez October 25th 2011, 3:14 pm

Zikry wrote:"Realistic" and "sim" are two different things. Just my .02

I agree with this guy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 10:38 am