Proposed Rule Changes

    Share
    avatar
    BigJohnMic

    Posts : 402
    Join date : 2011-06-24
    Age : 31

    Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by BigJohnMic on March 3rd 2012, 3:28 pm

    Fellas, I have a couple of rules I think should be implemented for next season to better aid with our current roster management procedures. These are a couple things that have been eating at me for a while now. Feel free to post your thoughts on the subject below:

    1. There should be a roster maximum of approximately 53 players

    Since we do not have a salary cap, having a roster maximum during the season helps regulate roster balance. This safeguards from teams stockpiling their roster with 10 QBs or 16 CBs (as I have seen in previous seasons). Also, this keeps the free agent pool viable for teams to pull from throughout the year if they happen to be decimated by injury.

    2. Raise the "overall" requirements for the free agency cuts in the offseason

    Again, this is because we do not have a salary cap (which is fine). The formula we use to calculate our free agents is fine. But, we should add "3" to the various overalls. Some ppl say that this punishes the good teams. However, that's far from the truth. Just like in the NFL, teams are not able to keep core groups together for years on end. There are always "cap casualties", and usually, good players are cut from teams every year. That's part of managing a roster. If we want to be a league that thrives on SIM play -- just as we have since we started in Madden 10 -- this would help bridge the gap and make the league more competitive as a whole.

    As stated before, feel free to post your thoughts below. I'm interested to hear the feedback. Thanks.


    Last edited by BigJohnMic on March 3rd 2012, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    avatar
    indo501

    Posts : 95
    Join date : 2011-06-15
    Age : 29

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by indo501 on March 3rd 2012, 4:49 pm

    I can support both of those changes. If we have no cap there needs to be a way to make the Free Agency period better if we are gonna use a good portion of our off season time on it.
    avatar
    lilgame

    Posts : 176
    Join date : 2011-07-12
    Age : 29
    Location : MD

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by lilgame on March 3rd 2012, 5:38 pm

    I absolutely love the idea of limiting our rosters to 53 players. It is quite ridiculous that some people have 15 WRs and 40 corners on their rosters...

    i also agree, overalls should be raised for our cuts. free agency has to improve as far as the talent pool that is available to us
    avatar
    nytitan21

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-14

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by nytitan21 on March 3rd 2012, 5:44 pm

    Ravens sign off on this proposal.
    avatar
    scooterw16

    Posts : 65
    Join date : 2011-06-15

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by scooterw16 on March 3rd 2012, 7:55 pm

    I like both ideas.
    avatar
    Betta_thanU

    Posts : 95
    Join date : 2011-06-15
    Age : 39

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by Betta_thanU on March 4th 2012, 12:05 am

    agree with it. is getting old watching Phantom cutting like 20,000 players everytime new season begins, hopefully this will put and end to it.

    phantomshark

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2011-07-30
    Age : 50
    Location : Jacksonville, FL

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by phantomshark on March 4th 2012, 1:49 am

    My other league has a cap of 54 players, the same number Madden trims you to after each draft. That would work. Also, to make it a LOT easier, I'd just say that every team has to cut one of their top 5 players, and another of their top 10 (or 12, or 15, or whatever we decide, counting everyone except P and K).
    avatar
    BigJohnMic

    Posts : 402
    Join date : 2011-06-24
    Age : 31

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by BigJohnMic on March 4th 2012, 3:20 am

    phantomshark wrote:My other league has a cap of 54 players, the same number Madden trims you to after each draft. That would work. Also, to make it a LOT easier, I'd just say that every team has to cut one of their top 5 players, and another of their top 10 (or 12, or 15, or whatever we decide, counting everyone except P and K).

    I'd be in favor of that as well. Possibly top 7 and top 15... something of that nature.
    avatar
    jameryd22

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by jameryd22 on March 4th 2012, 3:25 am

    i'm down with bigjohn's idea. phantom also proposed an interesting idea... im cool with either of them.
    avatar
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

    Posts : 915
    Join date : 2011-06-09
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by TheDarkKnight50 on March 4th 2012, 7:33 pm

    I agree as well there will be a roster minimum. So that will now be installed. However, I do feel like the number 53 is a little small. I feel more comfortable limiting guys down to a number such as 60. 75 is the highest you 'CAN' have in the game. And if you consider trades, etc. You'd be at 54 just after the draft if you kept all 7 rounds of drafted players. So a cap of 60 sounds more fair.

    As far as the free agent requirements, it sounds as if everyone is on board for increasing the dosage. We'll look into the best scenario for use over the next few weeeks.


    _________________



    phantomshark

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2011-07-30
    Age : 50
    Location : Jacksonville, FL

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by phantomshark on March 5th 2012, 12:32 am

    I think 54 or 55 is good, last year's and previous years had 55 and it worked pretty well. 56 would probably be perfect for our setup, as that's 54 after the draft and 2 FAs from the FA draft. Don't think it's a huge deal in any case. As far as making it top 6 and top 12 or whatever, that would definitely make the 2nd FA round more valuable.
    avatar
    BigJohnMic

    Posts : 402
    Join date : 2011-06-24
    Age : 31

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by BigJohnMic on March 12th 2012, 3:34 pm

    TheDarkKnight50 wrote:I agree as well there will be a roster minimum. So that will now be installed. However, I do feel like the number 53 is a little small. I feel more comfortable limiting guys down to a number such as 60. 75 is the highest you 'CAN' have in the game. And if you consider trades, etc. You'd be at 54 just after the draft if you kept all 7 rounds of drafted players. So a cap of 60 sounds more fair.

    As far as the free agent requirements, it sounds as if everyone is on board for increasing the dosage. We'll look into the best scenario for use over the next few weeeks.

    I still feel like 60 is too many and doesn't bolster FA as much as most would like. However, that's better than what we have. Again, I think at most, we should have 55 on a team. Also, can you post what you decide on all 3 proposed changes in the rules section so we know what to expect when the off-season comes?
    avatar
    bigkap22

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2011-11-11
    Age : 32

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by bigkap22 on March 12th 2012, 11:57 pm

    I don't know if this makes things too complicated, but I think age should be a factor as well. Typically when overall is the only thing you have to worry about guys are gonna cut aging players with great awareness but diminished Madden value. For example I could have easily used Jammer as my high cut. Let's be real though, he his 83 speed and is useless as a corner at this point. Yet his awareness and prc let his overall hang in the low 80s. Look at some of the FAs in the NFL, VJax, Carr, Finnegan, DJax was eligible, etc. These are guys in their mid to late 20s. Maybe a decent idea would be to say cut a top 7 player and top 14 player or whatever, and 1 of those needs to be under a certain age. It would really make FA more interesting and realistic.
    avatar
    BigJohnMic

    Posts : 402
    Join date : 2011-06-24
    Age : 31

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by BigJohnMic on March 13th 2012, 7:21 pm

    bigkap22 wrote:I don't know if this makes things too complicated, but I think age should be a factor as well. Typically when overall is the only thing you have to worry about guys are gonna cut aging players with great awareness but diminished Madden value. For example I could have easily used Jammer as my high cut. Let's be real though, he his 83 speed and is useless as a corner at this point. Yet his awareness and prc let his overall hang in the low 80s. Look at some of the FAs in the NFL, VJax, Carr, Finnegan, DJax was eligible, etc. These are guys in their mid to late 20s. Maybe a decent idea would be to say cut a top 7 player and top 14 player or whatever, and 1 of those needs to be under a certain age. It would really make FA more interesting and realistic.

    That is most certainly another very good idea. And no, I don't think it's really that complicated to incorporate something of that nature.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Proposed Rule Changes

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is August 16th 2017, 4:40 pm