Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Manning remains determined to start

TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Manning remains determined to start Empty Manning remains determined to start

Post by TheDarkKnight50 August 27th 2011, 6:15 pm

NFL.com Wire Reports

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning doesn't sound like someone whose streak of 227 NFL starts will end in a couple of weeks.

Sidelined by a May 23 neck surgery, Manning remains optimistic about starting the Sept. 11 season opener against the Houston Texans.

"I sure hope so," Manning said Friday night during the Colts-Green Bay Packers preseason game in Indianapolis. "I have never missed a game my entire football career due to an injury since I was 13 years old and I sure don't want to start this season, and that is my goal to play, but not just to play but to play competitively."

Colts coach Jim Caldwell said after the game that Manning soon could be activated from the physically unable to perform list. If the Colts don't activate Manning from the PUP list by the Sept. 3 final roster cutdown, then the four-time league MVP will be ineligible to play for six more weeks.

Manning seemed pleased with his rehabilitation and said he will meet with Caldwell and the trainers at the proper time to make a final decision.

"I am right in the middle of it," Manning said of his rehab from surgery for a bulging disk. "Working very hard every single day. My trainers and weight coaches are working very hard and putting me to work.

FOR MORE OF THE STORY CLICK HERE...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821c16cf/article/manning-remains-determined-to-start-colts-season-opener?module=HP11_headline_stack
    lilgame
    lilgame

Manning remains determined to start Empty Re: Manning remains determined to start

Post by lilgame August 27th 2011, 6:37 pm

as a texans fan, i refuse to believe this bullshit about him not playing, and i really hope my boys arent falling for it either. Indy is too good of an organization too have gone about this the wrong way as the media is blowing it up to be. They know he's playing, but they want the media and their opponents to believe he isn't, that way, come week 1, we all have a surprised look on our faces when he's taking the first snap from under center and throwing it to dallas clark, reggie wayne and company.

if in fact he isn't taking a snap week 1 in houston, than so be it...but teams better be gameplanning as if Peyton Manning is the quarterback.
    Harrill99

Manning remains determined to start Empty Re: Manning remains determined to start

Post by Harrill99 September 11th 2011, 4:23 pm

Well today we see that the Colts suck without Peyton Manning 34-0 wow housten is kicking ass... but then again i cant say much b.c the freaking Bills are kicking the Chiefs ass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 5:36 pm