Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Baltimore Ravens (bjcole26)

jameryd22
    jameryd22

Baltimore Ravens (bjcole26) Empty Baltimore Ravens (bjcole26)

Post by jameryd22 November 30th 2011, 11:52 pm

Known as one of the tougher opponents in the league, it seems no one has come up with a successful strategy for him yet. I didn't beat him, but I had the lead the majority of the game. Bjcole is known for reading defenses extremely well. He sends WRs in motion to check if it's man or zone. What I would do is when he sends his man in motion, I would audible to the opposite of what you were playing before. For example, if you're running man and he sends a guy in motion, wait until the WR finishes his motion. He will then start calling hot routes, adjusting to your defense. This is where you switch to zone D. Confuse him as much as possible. He tends to send a slot reciever on a slant towards the sideline. Another popular route he uses is the deep post towards the sideline. You can't forget about Ray Rice, though. He runs the ball nicely with him, he gets a fair share of carries. he'll do pitches, dives, pretty much any run. He mixes it up well, you just have to stop it. If you want to beat Bjcole, your defense is the key. On defense, Bjcole is awesome at stopping the run. I couldn't get anything going with Peyton Hillis. I passed the ball okay against him. His defense isn't as good as his offense, but it is still good. Mix up your passes. Throw in some curls, slants, streaks, just play a regular offense against him. I didn't get a great idea of what to do on offense, I got some extremely lucky scores on him.... Great opponent though. Good luck against him.
    YoungC-JR
    YoungC-JR

Baltimore Ravens (bjcole26) Empty Re: Baltimore Ravens (bjcole26)

Post by YoungC-JR December 1st 2011, 3:06 am

also like to run 46 defense with some blitzes
    KIP
    KIP

Post by KIP December 5th 2011, 1:29 am

If you pay attention, and good at reading offenses. The Baltimore Ravens offense is very predictable. He will have a slant out on 90% of plays, and the ones he doesnt have a slant out, he looks to the TE on the route where the TE runs 4yds towards the sideline then makes a quick cut in towards the middle of the field, I'm sure most of you know the route I speak of. The best way to STOP his offense is BABY BLUE ZONES. The ones in the flats. 90% of the time when a quick slant is tried against a blue zone, the LB is there to tip the ball away. Of coarse, this takes players away from other spots in the field to cover both sidelines with blue zones so I suggest you cover manually someone in the middle to watch for the TE, and bring pressure. The ravens mainly look for the TE or the WR in the slant so if you have them covered and bring pressure, he's sacked before he can look elsewhere. He often looks deep as well, so if you have slower CBs, you should leave someone in a dark blue zone to cover the streaks. .This game plan will shut down the Ravens passing scheme. Hope it helps Smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 2:23 am