Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
lilgame
klc22
neo613
7 posters

Remember....'

neo613
    neo613

Remember....' Empty Remember....'

Post by neo613 September 8th 2011, 4:35 pm

Fellas, Remember when madden was fun and this was far and away the best league around! I miss those days. All this debate over LM, salary cap, draft order and trade committees is really sucking the fun out of things. Its a great league and DK is doing a great job, let the man do his thing. There are 32 owners, we are all "adults" everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions and do their part to make sure the league is successful. It starts with playing your games on time, not making bonehead trades, not quitting and most of all being respectful to the the other owners in the league.

As far as LM is concerned, I have no doubt it will be useful at some point but I think it is far from ready. I tried proposing a trade using LM on another fran and it didnt work. In time it may be fully functional but for right now I think we need to keep it old school.

Salary cap, I hate the idea, I think it alienates the casual madden player. I don't want to have to break out my calculator to play madden. But i'll roll with whatever DK decides even it means I need to have my accountant present before I make a trade.

We can all do our part to make sure this league is successful, lets stay positive and remember why were here!

Lets Play Some Ball Fellas.....

How bout Dem Falcons!
    klc22

Remember....' Empty Re: Remember....'

Post by klc22 September 8th 2011, 4:43 pm

well said Mr.Neo!
    lilgame
    lilgame

Post by lilgame September 8th 2011, 4:59 pm

yea, well said indeed
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 8th 2011, 6:23 pm

Yes I hear ya for sure. I can say for most of us, the way we've done things in the past may need a tweak here or there but I don't think any of the vets can say that we haven't had fun. We will continue to have fun, I wouldn't be doing my part if I didn't ever look into new ways to improve our league which brought up the discussions of caps, etc. Never hurts to talk ideas out. Needless to say as u said, as of right now the more old school the better.
    echodyneharmonic
    echodyneharmonic

Post by echodyneharmonic September 8th 2011, 8:07 pm

I have had a ton of fun in XML since 10' and I admire DK for the ambition and generally the execution of ideas but this "Buddy System" rule system we work under has DEFINITELY got to go. Over the past two years, when you have not been around to police things, guys haven taken great liberty with this general "sim play" cloud we operate under without having many concrete rules and use this to advance themselves in the league. It leaves the diehards with nothing to do and no recourse to get anything done about it.

My biggest fear DK is until you get a concrete rulebook out with specific instructions for different situations and generally how to play right, vets are gonna end up dropping out when their idea of "sim" is totally different from what someone elses is. Just my two cents.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic September 8th 2011, 11:07 pm

Dang Neo... spoken like a great ancient philosopher. Well put, bro. That's what I'm talkin' bout!
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 8th 2011, 11:21 pm

Echo, if u see a problem. Or anyone else, its ur responsibility to let me know. If I don't hear from u...its the owners fault for sitting quiet. IMO the rules we have are nearly strict enough. Any more picky and every team will play the same.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic September 8th 2011, 11:29 pm

Not taking sides here, but I think Echo is saying that, to this point, we don't have a concrete "Rule Book" for Madden 12 XML. Of course, Echo, let me know if I'm speaking out of turn.
    itsmythrone

Post by itsmythrone September 9th 2011, 12:12 am

indeed(in a omar voice)
    echodyneharmonic
    echodyneharmonic

Post by echodyneharmonic September 9th 2011, 12:25 am

About 75% of the "Rulebook" that we've used the past two years consists of explaining the settings for the games (IE: All Madden, Accel. Clock etc.) and only about 25% deals with gameplay rules. Living in the past is no way to help the future but its no secret the league has struggled with certain guys bending the rules and you've been told about it and guys have left because of it DK.

Basic things like Man/Zone coverage calls ratio being realistic, No press blitzing, Matching up personnel (IE: Base D vs. 2 WR/Nickel-Dime vs 3 WR+), Run/Pass Offensive Call Ratio being realistic and Deep QB Dropbacks/Excessive scrambling are a start. To not have atleast that as concrete rules is asking for trouble. I've personally lost too many games and had my "fun" ruined by guys who do what they please while I sit there and follow by what I view as sim.
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 9th 2011, 1:13 am

I'm not going to hold anybodys hands when they are going to make play calls. Your either sim or your not, we've posted basic structure in the past. Maybe we don't go into each single game situation, but personally I'd rather not have to pause the game each play to see what is and isn't allowed. We have a good set of rules overall, we can add some rules into it however about certain aspects. I haven't posted them up here yet, because we haven't started our league yet. We have our past rules format to start with and add onto.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 9:50 am