Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New Houston Texans Trade Block

lilgame
    lilgame

New Houston Texans Trade Block Empty New Houston Texans Trade Block

Post by lilgame September 13th 2011, 6:02 am

With the GM of the Washington Redskins resigning to go to be the GM of the Cleveland Browns, the Houston Texans have been forced to withdraw from their three team trade with the Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins.

In a counter action to the trade withdrawal, the Houston Texans have agreed to the following trade with the Miami Dolphins:

Houston Texans Receive:NT Paul Soliai (86 OVR), DE Jared Odrick (78 OVR), and RG John Jerry (76 OVR)

Miami Dolphins Receive: ILB DeMeco Ryans (89 OVR), CB Kareem Jackson (75 OVR), and OLB/DE Connor Barwin (73 OVR)

The Houston Texans are still looking to make other trades. The following is a list of expendable players:

DE Antonio Smith (Run Stuffer, can play both 4-3 or 3-4)
    DE Jared Odrick (3-4 DE, possibly can serve as 4-3 DT)
    RG Antonie Caldwell (young run blocker)
    RG Mike Briesel (solid, all-around guard)
    LG Kasey Studdard (solid, all-around guard)
    HB Steve Slaton (speedy 3rd down back, receiving threat)
    HB Ben Tate (B Potential, could progress into a workhorse)
    HB Derrick Ward (solid 3rd down option)
    TE Joel Dreesen (solid pass catcher/number 2 TE)
    FB James Casey (Versatile as a TE, 82 spd, good pass catcher)
    QB Matt Leinart (Good Short, Medium, Play Action passer)
    CB Sherrick McManis (Zone coverage corner, 84 Zone, could serve as depth at Safety)
    CB Brice McCain (95 Speed, solid depth as the nickel or dime corner)
    DT Shaun Cody (solid 4-3 DT)
    FS Danieal Manning (96 Spd, nuff said)
    WR Jacoby Jones (6'2'' with 93 spd, 99 KR/PR, threat in the pass game and return game)

In return, the Houston Texans are seeking help and/or upgrades at the following positions:

Center (Looking for someone young to back up my current Center)
    MLB (Looking for a replacement to DeMeco Ryans, in case Darryl Sharpton can't prove to be a starter. Preferably a guy with decent coverage abilities, and/or the ability to block shed. Speed and/or strength are pluses)
    OLB (Looking for a coverage OLB. Preferably a guy with the speed or man/zone coverage ability to cover TEs and RBs)
    CB (Looking for man coverage corners of all ages. The ability to press is a huge plus)
    FS (Looking for a coverage Free Safety. Someone who can play both man and zone is preferred, but willing to accept someone who has just good zone coverage)
    WR (Looking for a #2 or #3 receiver. Preferably someone with the ability to beat press [release] and/or catch in traffic well. Spectacular catch is a plus)

I'll be willing to discuss other players I haven't listed...but if they aren't listed, they likely will not be available for trade. I'll also be willing to discuss players who don't fit the descriptions above, as long as they still fulfill the positions I am looking for.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

New Houston Texans Trade Block Empty Re: New Houston Texans Trade Block

Post by BigJohnMic September 13th 2011, 12:42 pm

That one hurts to see... ouch! Ugh... I wish both teams well.
    Cereal Killer

Post by Cereal Killer September 14th 2011, 1:13 am

Sup LG! I am interested in James Casey and Jacoby Jones. Let me know what Lions off my roster interest you and we can go from there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 3:55 pm