Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheOzmiester
FILIteano
klc22
Bikaben
Shadez
itsmythrone
Free_Palestine94
sack11
mowarrior79
BigJohnMic
TheDarkKnight50
neo613
16 posters

Advancement Suggestion

neo613
    neo613

Advancement Suggestion Empty Advancement Suggestion

Post by neo613 August 11th 2011, 3:42 pm

I would like to suggest that for madden 12 we have a strict advancement schedule. In my experience in this league and many others when advancement tends to vary and occasionally gets postponed it can be very frustrating for those that get their games in on time. And knowing that there is a possibility of the advance date being extended can cause complacency and create even more delays. Its like work if your boss said you can come in 9:00, 9:30 you're going to come in by 9:30 and if you're late a couple times and get in at 9:45 and your boss is like don't worry about it, guess what you're going to start coming in at 9:45.
    I am in one league where we advance every monday, wednesday, friday morning, no exceptions and it has worked well for 2 years. you have 2 days to play your games during the week and 3 days to get your game in over the weekend, which for some can be busy so that extra day helps. Tuesday, thursday, saturday would work as well. Whatever the schedule I feel it needs to be consistent. Id be willing to help in any way I can to assist in managing the advancement schedule.
    I would also like to suggest we include text, email or both as a primary scheduling tool. I try to visit the forum at least once or twice a day and check aim a couple times a week, but when it comes to my phone it is always near by so any email or text I receive I can respond to instantly. Im pretty sure I am not the only one thats an email junky. I think adding another line of communication outside of aim blast and the forum will be beneficial to running a smooth operation. At no point have we ever had all 32 members on aim or the forum at the same time, but if you shoot out an email or text there is no reason for anyone to be out of the loop.
    Just a couple suggestions that I think can make this league even stronger than it already is.
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Advancement Suggestion Empty Re: Advancement Suggestion

Post by TheDarkKnight50 August 11th 2011, 6:09 pm

I totally agree with you on advancement. And I too think we should and will be more strict on dates/times of advancement. As far as your other comment. Im also all for that too. A lot of that falls on all 32 owners shoulders. Its up to each guy to seek out their opponent for scheduling. With that said...maybe I can send out an email after every advance or something to help notification get out? Idk, but that's something to consider. Of course I always post when we advance here too.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic August 12th 2011, 2:35 am

Neo... this is an absolutely great idea. I agree with you 100%!
    mowarrior79
    mowarrior79

Post by mowarrior79 August 13th 2011, 9:51 am

I also agree 100%, I know aim is mandatory we should make text mandatory imo
    sack11

Post by sack11 August 15th 2011, 5:26 pm

Yes....TEXT is so much easier to get ahold of people.

Make a spot on the forum for texting #'s.

Everyone that I know always has their cell on them...it only makes sense.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic August 15th 2011, 7:57 pm

Very true, Sack. Only problem is (and this isn't a problem for me) there may be some people who don't have text messaging. So, to make that mandatory would be silly. I would rather use the term "All but Mandated" Very Happy
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 August 15th 2011, 11:59 pm

We can ask guys for their cell phone numbers if they wish to give it out, I won't 'require' it but we could say it's preferred to include it.
    sack11

Post by sack11 August 16th 2011, 1:50 pm

If you don't have text messaging..that is fine. I don't think it should be mandatory but I think it will really help out in scheduling games...especially for guys at work or something that can't hop on AIM.

We are all mature adults...well most of us..so I think this will work.

If anything...it should be mandatory for psychomantis...since he is always MIA and the last one to play his games.
    Free_Palestine94

Post by Free_Palestine94 August 17th 2011, 2:58 am

How many games will we play per week?

I suggest advance every 4 days, just my idea i dont know how you guys like to run it though. Especially with 32 teams, its hard to play all games in a day or 2.

Just my 2 cents
    sack11

Post by sack11 August 17th 2011, 11:18 am

I would suggest something like midnight Sunday night and midnight Wednesday. That gives guys 3 days from M-W to get a game in and gives an extra day (TH-Sun) for the weekend games since people have more going on.
    itsmythrone

Post by itsmythrone August 17th 2011, 6:18 pm

3 days to get your game in is a very realistic goal. most guys that join leagues love to play madden and will find the time,even if it means you will lose 45minutes of sleep.Wink
    Shadez

Post by Shadez August 17th 2011, 6:28 pm

Many of those same Madden lovers that you are referring to are also in several leagues. Most Madden players that play in sim leagues are usually the average age of 27+. Which means they also have careers and families to deal with. 5 days is more realistic than 3 IMO
    neo613
    neo613

Post by neo613 August 17th 2011, 7:02 pm

I agree, for the most part the average gamer has to juggle work, family, and other recreational time. But I feel the point of joining a league is to play within a system with similar minded gamers, and I dont think its unreasonable to think everyone should be able to play 3 or at the very least 2 games a week. I would rather play in a great league like this 3 times a week rather than try to fill in all the off days with another league that cant hold this ones jockstrap. I still believe that a M, W, F schedule can work, 2 days to get a game in during the week and three days on the weekend. But the wednesday, sunday idea was good too, if 3 games a week is too frequent. Whatever the schedule as long as the communication is there, whether it be text or email, guys will get their games in if they are dedicated to the sucess of the league.
    Shadez

Post by Shadez August 17th 2011, 7:04 pm

neo613 wrote:Whatever the schedule as long as the communication is there, whether it be text or email, guys will get their games in if they are dedicated to the sucess of the league.

Very true. Advancement Suggestion E28632
    itsmythrone

Post by itsmythrone August 17th 2011, 7:09 pm

Shadez wrote:Many of those same Madden lovers that you are referring to are also in several leagues. Most Madden players that play in sim leagues are usually the average age of 27+. Which means they also have careers and families to deal with. 5 days is more realistic than 3 IMO

agree i understand that, i too have a career and a family but i choose only to be in 1 league jus cuz of that fact that i have a family and career. i suggest u drop a league or 2, but i see where u coming from same to you as well neo. everyone's work schedule is different but i think 1 game in 3 days is not hard unless something comes up not planned but how often would that be. in a perfect world everyone would agree on how many days, guess thats why theres a commish to make those decisions
    Bikaben
    Bikaben

Post by Bikaben August 17th 2011, 8:04 pm

I strongly agree. I'm going to be juggling college and work for Madden and I'm only doing ONE league, as I have annually, which is this one. I think we should have a very strict scheduling schedule.. advancement every 3 days or 2 days or whatever. Every 3 days is probably more practical for everybody though.
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 August 18th 2011, 1:20 am

We've always had the best success with a 3 day advance rate. Sure for those who are really active and online all the time it's easy to say 2 day advance rate, and that sounds awesome. Though, realistically to complete most games we've seen that 3 days usually does the trick. With that said, that's not to say that one week if everyone finishes early we couldn't finish after 2 days. It's just to say that requiring after 2 days may be a little early.
    klc22

Post by klc22 August 19th 2011, 12:29 pm

3 days is perfect!
    FILIteano

Post by FILIteano August 19th 2011, 1:03 pm

3 days is fine...as long as it advances when its supposed...no delays, whatsoever. If there must be a sim, you sim with the best players on whichever team deserves to win. Too many times did we not advance having to wait for someone to play, and it slows down the league a ton.
    Shadez

Post by Shadez August 19th 2011, 1:08 pm

For the record I'm cool with whatever amount of days we decide on.

However, if everyone is upset about the weeks delaying why not just go with a 5 day deadline and stick to it. Obviously 3 days to get a game in is hard for some and 7 days is far too long for everyone. Why not meet halfway with a 5 day hard deadline? You don't get your game in within 5 days your game gets simmed.

Just my .02

Advancement Suggestion Goodell3x-large
    FILIteano

Post by FILIteano August 19th 2011, 6:52 pm

Shadez wrote:For the record I'm cool with whatever amount of days we decide on.

However, if everyone is upset about the weeks delaying why not just go with a 5 day deadline and stick to it. Obviously 3 days to get a game in is hard for some and 7 days is far too long for everyone. Why not meet halfway with a 5 day hard deadline? You don't get your game in within 5 days your game gets simmed.

Just my .02

Advancement Suggestion Goodell3x-large

If you can't get a game in within 5 days you shouldn't be in the league in my opinion, haha
    Shadez

Post by Shadez August 19th 2011, 6:58 pm

Exactly!!!

Advancement Suggestion Terrelle-Pryor-Courtesy-of-CNN-Sports-Illustrated
    TheOzmiester

Post by TheOzmiester August 19th 2011, 8:12 pm

4 or 5 days is fine with me..... 3 days can be hard if your not on as it advances.. get on next day u got 2 nights to get it in.. and it hard sometimes to get hold of someone 3-4 days should be fine or 3 days to get your game in and the 4th day you will be subbed if no arrangement has been made or simmed
    Free_Palestine94

Post by Free_Palestine94 August 20th 2011, 3:13 am

ya i think 4 or 5 days is good also
    mowarrior79
    mowarrior79

Post by mowarrior79 August 20th 2011, 8:57 am

I think every wednesday and sunday night at 10pm est is good.I just want whatever DK decides be stuck with no extentions at all.At this pace thats about 2 months a season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 4:24 am