Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Important news and schedule

TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Important news and schedule Empty Important news and schedule

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 12th 2011, 5:49 pm

After looking into, and trying out the League Manager trading system (involving draft picks) we are deciding to refrain from draft pick trading this season. In League Manager, in order to trade draft picks you have to propose the trade via the web site which is fine. The parts that aren't so great, is the fact that in the PS3 you cannot have the rookie draft then. In order for all rookie draft picks to process right you have to draft in the League Manager draft console on their web site. That's it. Even more of a problem right now is the fact that the draft console isn't released yet to even see how this works (and there is no time table that I am aware of for it's release). At the end of all of it, there are too many questions right now for a young program that may or may not be buggy at release. So for now we are going to move on and roll with no draft pick trading in season 1 (of Madden 12).

Rather than waiting for all of this to go through, etc. we are going to move on and get the league on the roll. At the end of this season we can come back and see if maybe this is something we want to do or not. Going with this we will be playing XML league action by this weekend. We WILL be having the free agent draft still (with draft order) and the FA picks ARE trade able. You can use this as trade bait.

At this point the next step for the league is trades and free agency. I'm hearing that Thursday the roster update will be out for online franchise (which means we could start the league then). We can go ahead and begin checking out all trades, etc. and do our free agency draft before then however as we can see the offline rosters in free agency.

I am looking at opening up trading officially Tuesday night I'd say. What that means is that once I announce that it's open. Every team will then post their potential trades (pending acceptance) in the trade block session. The format in which you will post it will be somewhat like the following:

EXAMPLE:
    Topic Title: Bears/Packers Trade OR CHI/GB Trade, etc.
    Topic Message:
    Chicago Bears receive: 1st Round FA pick, HB Ryan Grant 00 OVR A pot
    Green Bay Packers Receive: RE Julius Peppers 00 A pot

It will then be checked out by me (GB), sack (PIT), and gemhdar (CHI). Once it is officially approved. I will lock the topic, only to process it once we start the league officially. Each team will have --5-- trades each. I will be keeping track of your trade numbers.

Looking for the free agent draft to be Wednesday night or Thursday night possibly right now. More towards Thursday (haven given time to everyone for notice). Once I process everything, trades/free agent pick ups then the league can begin kickoff sometime Friday or Saturday. Just be sure to keep monitoring the league news. Also wanted to mention that neo (ATL) has taken upon himself to send out emails periodically with league news regarding breaking news or advancements information.

Lastly, wanted to mention that for the free agent draft whoever is first on the clock (CAR) right now, you can make your first pick. Just get into contact with me. I've heard rumors of a trade with the first pick, etc. but we can start picking before draft is what I'm saying basically. OH and the official rules for the league will be out later tonight or in the next couple days.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Important news and schedule Empty Re: Important news and schedule

Post by BigJohnMic September 12th 2011, 6:24 pm

Solid
    Bikaben
    Bikaben

Post by Bikaben September 12th 2011, 7:31 pm

Wouldn't it be me who is on the clock as I have traded for the number one pick?
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic September 12th 2011, 8:17 pm

You haven't "officially" acquired it via trade... yet.
    ipat

Post by ipat September 12th 2011, 9:26 pm

Bikaben wrote:Wouldn't it be me who is on the clock as I have traded for the number one pick?

This is why opening the trade season tonight or tomorrow morning would be better. It'll give the trade committee 2 days to get through all the trades. If FA draft picks are involved in trades then a decision can be made or if a deal needs to be reworked GMs can do that as well. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 12th 2024, 6:24 am